Monday, October 31, 2016

4 More Weeks

My new friend Kimia, she is a student at the language school
Before I know it, this last month will fly by and I'll be on my way home. I am happy to see family and friends and to return to the comforts of home. Yet I wish for more time in Costa Rica to learn and rise to the challenges of living in another culture. I feel like I have finally gotten into a routine, am making friends, and slowly figuring out how life works here.

I am filled with mixed emotions and am not quite sure what to do with all of them. The time I have left is short and I want to make the most of it. Yet, I also need to prepare for the return home and for the steps that follow, whatever those may be.

Thank you for praying for the ESL ministry this past Saturday, it went really well! We are working with both children and their parents. Everyone splits into three groups, young children, older children and parents. On Saturday, our goal was to figure out what level everyone was on, for the most part everyone but the older children are beginners. We will teach at least two more times before I leave; this coming Saturday being one of those.

Praises:
ESL went really well
I was able to speak in Spanish and understand my ESL group
Spent time with a new friend, Kima, she is such an encouragement

Prayer:
For me to use these last few weeks wisely
That the Lord will let me know of anything that I need to learn or know before leaving
ESL next Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment