Saturday, October 8, 2016

Mountains


Do you ever feel like you've reached the end of yourself? Like you have nothing left to give anyone or anything? Like the mountains in front of you are too big to face?

When our nightmares haunt us in the day and the mountains in front of us reach the sky, we are not alone. In fact, in our own strength we could never overcome those mountains or face our nightmares. John 15:4-5 reminds us that without remaining in the True Vine we can do nothing. Apart from Christ we are helpless. He is our strength, our source of power to face living the nightmares and climb the heights of mountains.

In 2 Corinthians 12:9 Christ tells us "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." I don't know about you but it blows my mind how in our weaknesses His power is made perfect! Verses nine and ten go on to talk about boasting in weaknesses so that Christ power may rest on us. Not only boasting but delighting "in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

When I focus on Christ, remaining in the Vine, the nightmares do not seem so dark nor the mountains so tall. When we've reached the end of ourselves and have nothing left to give, let us remember Who is the source of our strength then give a little more and climb a little higher.

This week my Spanish teacher taught me about commands and the proper verbs and pronouns to use for them. As part of my homework she asked me to write a recipe; I wrote a recipe for making coffee. It may seem small but to me it felt like a huge accomplishment.

Praises:
Strength in Christ
All the rain
Spanish - I can see progression!
Bonding time with my small group

Prayer:
Energy to get things done
Sleep / rest - I have not been sleeping well
Continued guidance and direction
Time management

1 comment:

  1. 'Growth is a process' and I'm so glad that He's still growing you for His glory, Bekah! God bless you :)

    ReplyDelete