Friday, September 9, 2016

Safe & Sound


Thank you for your prayers. I've arrived safely and am slowly starting to transition to my new culture. I'm beginning to recognize familiar land marks, learn where to buy groceries, and how to get around. The McGinnis Family, who I am interning with, live about a mile from my apartment, I feel safe walking to and from; it is safe enough for me to walk alone, as long as I'm in before dark. Learning the language is very difficult but all I have to do is walk out my door to practice.

The transition is much harder than I thought it would be. It is overwhelming and stressful at times but I am so blessed to have so many people willing to teach me and to guide me in this transition. 

Praises:
Lots of good coffee
Growing spiritually
Always learning something new
Living in a beautiful country

Prayer requests:
Learning Spanish and the culture
Transitioning well
Against spiritual warfare

Jon, Joni & I

The view from my window

My adventure buddy, Mrs. Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment