Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Home at Last




After 13 weeks of being gone (2 for training, 10 for camp & 1 caring for my grandpa), it is nice to finally be home. My time at Snowbird was a wonderful experience and a place where the Lord taught me so much.


Being trained at the Climbing Tower

1. Grace: As I mentioned before this summer I studied Romans 5 & 6 (mainly 5). God used this passage to teach me that grace cannot be earned nor rejected. Grace is something that is freely given and we often have no choice but to accepted it.



2. Humility: These lessons are never easy to learn however they are often the most beneficial. The Lord taught me to come to Him with open hands when I speak. Words can damage or heal, bring grief or joy. It all depends on how you use them. And sometimes they aren't needed.



3. Perseverance: This was probably the hardest because it means learning to fully depend upon God. Many times through out the summer I found myself looking forward to the end so I could rest and do a better job at fighting this war on sin. In those moments I had to learn dependance upon God to help me keep fighting.


One of my favorite groups this summer

My one regret is not being joyful. It seemed easier to be prideful in my service and act as though I had some kind of right to "this" or to "that". When in reality I have none... "But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners."(Romans 5:8)




No comments:

Post a Comment