Tuesday, January 7, 2014

6 Months Later

I can hardly believe it has been 6 months since I arrived back in the States after an amazing summer in South America. I want to reflect on how the time spent there has impacted me.

1. Prayer. I am often not sure how to pray for my South American friends. So many of my prayers sound like some silly person rambling off names and places then saying "Lord, you know what they need, whatever that maybe, please provide it. Amen."

2. Finances. I give to short term missions, Inca Link or other mission related ministry when I can and do my best to hold nothing back. After all it is not mine to handle as I wish but God's, who decides where it goes.

3. A changed Heart. In these past few weeks of being home for (my last) Christmas break, God has opened my eyes to see that my gifts and talents are not mine but His. And He has given them to me so I might bring Him glory. For example, I love to crochet and am a semi ok photographer. Both of which God has used to bless my family. In addition, there are ministries that would love someone to crochet baby blankets or donate blankets and so on. 

These 3 things God has placed on my heart in ways that I can serve short term missions in a long term way.

Luke 12:34 " For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Here are a few links and videos to see what is happening with Inca Link:

There are new soccer teams and sports being formed in Ecuador: Click here for a promo video

One of my friends in Peru visited the Jungle taking skim boards with him as a ministry tool: click here for his video or  here to check out Inca Thakhi's facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment